• Late July, early August Weston County residents gather in Newcastle for the annual Weston County Fair and Junior Rodeo
• Our appreciation for the outdoors is exhibited in the beautiful parks maintained within our community
• We work hard and play hard! Watch our events calendar for rodeos, mud bogs, downtown festivals and good old-fashioned family fun!
Western traditions and manners are alive and well in Newcastle, Wyoming. We still believe in the Code of the West (below). We remove our hats when the National Anthem is played and we expect our kids to do the same.
We believe in tradition, gathering each summer for the Weston County Fair and Junior Rodeo. The rodeo dates back over 60 years.
Life here happens at a little slower pace. Most of the residents know one another and they take the time to stop and visit, sometimes right in the middle of a side street. Neighbors still help one another and the community gathers for important events like a Friday night football game or a parade down Main Street.
1) Live each day with courage.
2) Take pride in your work.
3) Always finish what you start.
4) Do what has to be done.
5) Be tough, but fair.
6) When you make a promise, keep it.
7) Ride for the brand.
8) Talk less and say more.
9) Remember that some things
aren’t for sale.
10) Know where to draw the line.